North Korea has already made considerable progress in dismantling its nuclear test site at Punggye-ri as promised, according to a report on the 38 North website that closely monitors activities in the North.
North Korea is moving ahead with plans to close its nuclear test site next week, South Korea's military said Tuesday, an assessment backed by US researchers who say satellite images show the North has begun dismantling facilities at the site.
While satellite imagery indicates that the north portal of the test-site has been abandoned after the damage caused by the quake, two of the other areas, approximately 2.5 and 3.5 kilometers from the peak of the mountain, remain accessible through the south and west portals.
North Korea has carried out all of its six nuclear tests to date at the Punggye-ri site, starting in 2006 and continuing until the most recent and powerful one in September past year.
"Those are the things that if we get what the president has demanded, the complete, verifiable, irreversible de-nuclearization of North Korea, that the American people will offer in spades".
North Korea has invited the outside world to witness the dismantling of its nuclear facilities before.
Trump tweeted. Dialogue brokered by Seoul has seen US-North Korea relations go from trading personal insults and threats of war a year ago to a summit between Kim and Trump due in Singapore on June 12.
Last month, Pompeo became the first known USA official to meet with Kim, where he helped lay the groundwork for the upcoming meeting with Trump.
"If North Korea takes bold action to quickly denuclearize, the United States is prepared to work with North Korea to achieve prosperity on par with our South Korean friends".
Twitter Officially Admits to 'Shadowbanning' Users in All but Name
Twitter says it also looks at how accounts are connected to those that do violate rules and how they interact with each other. This technology and our team will learn over time and will make mistakes.
In announcing the plan to shut Punggye-ri last month, Kim said North Korea no longer needed to conduct tests because it had completed its goal of developing nuclear weapons.
Skeptics, however, say Pyongyang may have ulterior motives for highlighting the site's demolition, pointing to past demonstrations where it carried out similar spectacles to show its commitment to deals it later reneged on.
But U.S. intelligence officials have said it remains usable and could be reactivated "in a relatively short period of time" if it was closed.
He returned again to North Korea last week for a second meeting, after which Kim agreed to the release of the three Americans.
Bolton has previously made hawkish public comments that supported preemptive United States attacks on North Korea to counteract the threat of their nuclear arsenal. In September, North Korea Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho suggested that his country could detonate a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific Ocean.
The North's announcement comes days after Washington announced that the historic summit between Kim and Trump will be held June 12 in Singapore.
"In the end, North Korea will remain 'a nuclear power packaged as a non-nuclear state, '" said Thae Yong Ho, the hermit kingdom's former deputy ambassador to the UK, Agence France-Presse reported.
To date, North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un has done nothing concrete.