But the sight of Conte returning to pre-season training for the 2018/19 campaign has seemingly confirmed a couple of things: that, amazingly, Chelsea have kept Conte on as manager and, secondly, that Willian will seek a new club immediately.
There are ten million reasons why he remains in West London, with Roman Abramovich unwilling to pay him off before appointing ex-Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri and as things stand Conte plans on showing up at Cobham every day and honouring his contract.
Di Marzio's great rival, Alfredo Pedulla, also says the pair are heading to the south of England.
With Moses yet to return in full with the club, despite already getting back to London from the World Cup in Russian Federation, he was not available when The Blues commenced their pre-season drills on Saturday.
Rescuers free eighth boy from cave in Thailand
Thai authorities revealed that the first phase was executed "smoothly" and the boys who had been evacuated were in "good health". Divers held the boys close to bring them out, and each had to wear an oxygen mask to enable normal breathing, authorities said.
Italian newspaper Tuttosport claim Chelsea are preparing a £50m bid for the 26-year-old on Sarri's orders, with Jorginho having grown extremely close to his old manager and become an integral part of "Sarri-ball".
Several Chelsea players were surprised by Conte's presence because their expectation throughout the summer has been that he would...
So far no signings have been made, and allowing the uncertainty surrounding their coaching situation to drag on any longer could seriously jeopardise Chelsea's preseason preparations regardless of who is in charge.
Chelsea's first pre-season game is in Australia, against Perth Glory on 23 July.