The video shows Croatia defender Domagoj Vida shouting "glory to Ukraine" before the retired ex-player Ognjen Vukojevic adds "this win is for Dynamo and Ukraine. go Croatia".
Fifa issued a formal warning to Vukojevic regarding his behaviour and the former midfielder reacted to his dismissal by telling Russian newspaper Sport Express: "There's no politics in football".
However, Vukojevic, who was capped 55 times by Croatia between 2007 and 2014, was not spared by the Croatian Football Federation who have relieved him of his duties with immediate effect.
"The Croatian Football Federation (HNS) has chose to revoke Vukojevic's team accreditation at the FIFA World Cup and to relieve him of his duties as an observer for the Croatian national team, " Croatia Football Federation said according to the Independent UK.
FIFA, the World Cup organisers and world football's governing body, said in a statement: "We can confirm that FIFA's Disciplinary Committee has sent a warning to the player Domagoj Vida due to his video statement following the 2018 FIFA World Cup match between Russian Federation and Croatia". The FIFA have opened a disciplinary procedure on the matter.
The Croatian Football Federation (HNS) has sacked Ognjen Vukojevic after the former global appeared in a social media video with Domagoj Vida and allegedly made pro-Ukraine remarks.
Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic says England game is 50/50
The tennis final is scheduled for 14:00 BST on Sunday and the big football match kicks off two hours later. Goldman Sachs has changed it's mind about the World Cup final - again.
The Croatian Football Federation apologizes to the Russian public for the actions of their national team staff member.
HNS said Vukojevic and Vida apologised for their statements, saying they were not meant to be political messages but "unfortunately left room for such interpretations". It's a joke for my friends from Dynamo Kiev. I apologise to the Russian public if they have understood my statements in such a way. He joined Dynamo Kiev, where he spent seven years as a player, as a scout last year.
Seconds after he was handed a yellow card when he took his top off during his celebrations.
Fanatik report that Liverpool offered €18m for the Croatian centre-back, who has excelled at this summer's World Cup alongside Liverpool's own Dejan Lovren to help Croatia reach the semi-finals of the tournament.
The 29-year-old Besiktas player received a warning from Federation Internationale de Football Association, thus avoiding disqualification, and will still be able to play in their semi-final match against England on Wednesday in Moscow.