Thai authorities have asked media to leave the area around the entrance of the cave where 12 boys and their soccer coach have been trapped for two weeks, fueling speculation that a rescue mission could be imminent.
"If, as we all hope, they are reunited with their families in the coming days and their health allows them to travel, Federation Internationale de Football Association would be delighted to invite them to attend the 2018 World Cup final in Moscow as our guests", Infantino wrote.
"Teacher, don't give us a lot of homework", it concluded.
But the parents of the boys received a brief respite from that silence on Saturday when Thai navy SEALs delivered seven handwritten notes by the boys.
The boys were exploring the cave when they became trapped by floodwaters on 23 June.
Conditions are "perfect" to evacuate a young football team from a flooded Thai cave in the coming days, the rescue mission chief said Saturday, although a brief downpour late in the evening underscored the huge threat posed by further monsoon rains.
Coach Ake also wrote to his family, and in a separate letter apologises to the parents and vows to do his best to care for the kids. Many are lauding him after reports emerged that he gave his share of food to keep the boys alive for nine days until the rescue team traced them.
Narongsak Osatanakorn, the governor of Chiang Rai province, said on Saturday the operation to drain water along the 3.2km path to where the boys have been sheltering for the past fortnight has been "very successful" and withstood patches of rain.
"Don't worry about me", wrote Ekkarat "Bew" Wongsookchan, 13.
"Mom, Dad, Don't worry, I'm OK, please tell brother Yod to prepare to take me to eat fried chicken".
"Now and in the next three or four days, the conditions are flawless [for evacuation] in terms of the water, the weather, and the boys' health", Narongsak Osottanakorn, the chief of the rescue operation, told reporters.
Former Thai Navy Seal dies trying to rescue boys trapped in cave
The football coach trapped in a cave with 12 Thai boys has apologised to their parents in a letter sent out through divers. The Thai Navy SEALs, who are leading the risky operation to get the boys out, posted images of the letters on Facebook.
"We are still at war with water and time", Osottanakorn also said.
Although three of those stranded had been described as weakening, Osottanakorn said the team was in relatively good condition overall.
"I'm fine, but the weather is quite cold", a boy named Dom wrote. "Love you Mum, Dad and everyone". "I will help you at the shop soon when I'm out", wrote Akekarat "Bill" Woongsookjan, in one of the short notes released to the public yesterday. But the death of a rescue team member, and the realization that oxygen levels have fallen to potentially unsafe levels, appears to have forced a reassessment of the situation.
Professional cave divers from Europe are making the unsafe dives with a contingent of Thai navy SEALs. We love and have concern for you.
"We lost one man, but we still have faith to carry out our work", Yookongkaew said.
One boy named Mick wrote: "Don't be anxious, I miss everyone".
But the difficulty of getting them out was emphasised on Friday when Saman Kunan, a 38-year-old former Thai Navy Seal died after laying oxygen tanks along a potential exit route.
The boys also sent letters, saying they are doing well, but missing their families.
Billionaire inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk said engineers from his SpaceX & Boring Co. were headed to Thailand to see if they could help.
The rescue mission is proving to be hard for divers whose efforts are continually hampered by rising water that has filled sections of the cave, often forcing them to halt efforts.