KXIP vs KKR Live Score

Another Wamuran grower, Mandy Schultz, took to Facebook before the needle contamination fears kicked in to say she received a phone call from a wholesale agent to say he was not accepting anything but extra large strawberries.

In a Facebook post, Joshua Gane said his friend swallowed "half a sewing needle" after biting into a strawberry.

Queensland's chief health officer Dr Jeannette Young said strawberries would be back on shelves on Thursday and urged people to throw out any frozen fruit or fruit purchased in the past week.

It's not known if all the finds are from the original Queensland incident, because not all of them have been forensically examined.

Detective Superintendent Terry Lawrence said people responsible for contaminating the fruit could be charged with maliciously causing grievous bodily harm.

Authorities issued urgent warnings for any Australian customers who had purchased strawberries within the last week to return their products to the point of purchase or throw them out.

Police are also investigating a copycat saboteur after a Coles employee at a Gatton store, about 90 kilometres west of Brisbane, found a "small silver rod" on top of strawberries in a punnet.

"He didn't get hurt or anything - didn't get pricked", she said.

"At this time, have reason to suspect that a disgruntled ex-employee may have orchestrated the occurrence, wherein sewing needles were found in a number of strawberries, in Queensland and Victoria", the organization said in a statement.

Where have people found needles in their strawberries?

Manafort to cooperate with Robert Mueller's probe of Russian election meddling
In that case, he was found guilty on eight counts of bank fraud, tax fraud and failure to report a foreign bank account. The 69-year-old becomes the most prominent former Trump campaign official to plead guilty in Mueller's investigation.


"Farmers are really nervous about it, obviously, and devastated something as very bad as this would happen to the industry", Ms Rowling said.

Authorities in Australia on Thursday said they had four confirmed incidents of "contaminated strawberries" after an individual reportedly discovered a needle inside a berry after taking a bite.

These include Donnybrook strawberries and those sold by the Woolworths Group under the Berry Obsession and Berry Licious names.

What's going on with the strawberries?

"But with Koby, sometimes I just pull the heads off and give her the whole strawberry".

In the post, Ms Faugeras said her 10-year-old discovered a pin embedded in a strawberry while eating a punnet they had bought from the Coles store at Wingham.

She told Seven News she rushed to call his school to stop him eating the fruit but it was too late. "It makes it hard because you might need to dispose of them earlier, but just cut them up for safety's sake".

"We have not been notified of any cases of contaminated strawberries in South Australia; however, if people have Donnybrook strawberries at home or are unsure of the brand, they should be returned to the place of purchase, or discarded".

Anyone with information that could assist the police investigation is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.


COMMENTS