Michael Aliperti, a 45-year-old man from Long Island, New York, was arrested on Tuesday, September 18 at his home and has been charged with second-degree aggravated assault.
ABC 7 reported Aliperti told the boy he was going to shoot him at his home and his school.
Police say that Michael Aliperti of Huntington, knew the 11-year-old through mutual acquaintances and had been playing the game online together for several months.
A 45-year-old guy in NY was arrested on Monday night after he lost a game of "Fortnite" to an 11-year-old boy and threatened to go to his school and SHOOT HIM.
The gaming world has far more than its fair share of lunatics and assholes, but it's not common for an adult to threaten to murder a young child over losing a video game.
Disney Is Reportedly Planning Several Limited Series Starring Your Favorite Marvel Characters
The Star Wars series will reportedly cost $100 million and the movies are expected to carry budgets north of $25 million. The shows will feature budgets rivalling those of major studio productions and run six to eight episodes.
After all, school shootings are a significant issue in the United States today, and it's best to take every step possible to prevent yet another one from taking place.
Aliperti was scheduled to be arraigned later on the 18th, although as of now, new information about the case has not been revealed. Newsday reports the threats were made through text messages and voicemail starting Monday night.
Aliperti's attorney, Andrew Karpf, said his client is getting divorced and is struggling with stress.
Cameron also cautioned parents to monitor their children's video game playing and to be aware of their online opponents. Bail was set at $2,500 cash or $10,000 bond.