Allegations of the improper use of data for 87 million Facebook users by Cambridge Analytica, which was hired by President Trump's 2016 USA election campaign, has hurt the shares of the world's biggest social network and prompted multiple investigations in the United States and Europe.
The announcement came in a Monday blog post, which was also Google's first public description of the privacy bug. The company found no evidence the information was misused by any developers, Smith said.
Users can grant access to their Profile data, and the public Profile information of their friends, to Google+ apps, via the API.
The consumer version of Google+ will be wound down over 10 months, ending by August, the company said. Google also said it would shutter the consumer version of Google+.
The data being stolen includes full names, email addresses, birth dates, gender, profile photos, places lived, occupation and relationship status.
The Wall Street Journal, reported that they have reviewed a memo prepared by Google's legal and policy staff, which indicated that disclosing the data breach could lead to scrutiny by government regulatory agencies.
Mahrez miss leaves City, Liverpool and Chelsea all level at top
I would not like to speak about the referees, about the decisions", Guardiola said when asked by Pro Soccer Talk. In the end, however, the teams finished just as they started, playing to a 0-0 draw to split the points.
The report alleges that the bug became active in 2015, only being discovered by Google and shut down in March of this year.
A Google spokesperson said there were "significant challenges in creating and maintaining a successful Google+ that meets consumers' expectations". "We will share more information in the coming days".
Finally, Google will limit apps' ability to receive Call Log and SMS permissions on Android devices, and the Android Contact API will no longer provide access to contact interaction data.
For action 2, Google is preparing to give you more fine-grained controls over permissions in Android apps and the account data you share with them. The company was the target of a massive class action lawsuit in the United Kingdom after 4 million users had their personal data collected and allegedly used for targeted advertising.
Apps will be required to inform users what data they will have access to. In a blog post published right after the WSJ's report, Google confirmed that it is shutting down Google+, as well as confirming a number of the details from the WSJ report.
As for Google+, the search giant won't miss it that much because the site never got off the ground with end users. It's possible you have a Google+ page with personal data on it and simply forgot about it. Google pushed its social platform very hard for several years, going so far as to integrate its comments with YouTube and make web logins part of G+.