KXIP vs KKR Live Score

The January crash occurred just outside the royal family's Sandringham estate when the Duke's auto collided with another vehicle, injuring passenger Emma Fairweather. It said an investigation file on the case had been handed to prosecutors, who will decide whether to press charges.

Buckingham Palace said Saturday Feb. 9, 2019, that 97-year-old Prince Philip has chose to stop driving, less than a month after he was involved in a collision that left two women injured.

The UK's Prince Philip, 97, has made a decision to "voluntarily surrender" his driving licence following a crash last month, Buckingham Palace announced on Saturday.

In a letter of apology to one of the injured women, Prince Philip said he was dazzled by the sun when he pulled onto a main road near the royal retreat, 160 kilometres north of London.

In February, Prince Philip was involved in a vehicle collision near the Sandringham Estate on the A149.

Philip's driving woes began on January 17 when his auto flipped over after he pulled out into a busy A road and collided with a Kia, carrying a nine-month old boy, his mother and another passenger.

He escaped injury, but Emma Fairweather, a passenger in the Kia, broke her wrist.

Man charged with shooting bus driver after I-35W crash
The gunman gets out of his sedan and walks round to the bus driver before firing on a snowy highway in Minneapolis . Lilly is set to appear in court on Friday, when prosecutors will request his bail to be set at $500,000.


On Saturday, she told the Sunday Mirror: "Undoubtedly the roads will be safer now". According to reports, the Duke of Edinburgh was subsequently offered "suitable words of advice" by a Norfolk police officer.

This latest development has led to questions about whether elderly drivers should have to surrender their licences at a certain age, or undergo new driving tests.

The sun was blamed for hindering his vision and he wrote he was "very contrite about the consequences" of the collision.

Prince Philip has voluntarily surrendered his driving licence, less than a month he was involved in a vehicle crash and was seen driving without a seat belt in two days.

Just two days after the crash, the Duke was spotted driving without a seatbelt, sparking widespread backlash.

At the time of the collision, celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman said Philip could face a prosecution for driving without due care and attention, which carries an unlimited fine.

A police spokesperson said: "We will follow the standard procedure and return the licence to the DVLA".


COMMENTS